So this past weekend Jon's cousin Lori got married in Michigan. We took off on our flight Thursday afternoon anticipating a fun filled family weekend..Brycen has been so excited for this trip.. Lots of 1st on this trip. This was Jack's first ever plane ride.. You just never know how a baby is going to act, but for the sake of our own sanity and those of the other passengers you pray it will be a perfect flight.. Jack of course held up his side of the bargain and flew like an angel. I'm positive all the passengers around us let out a sigh of relief when we landed. Little did those passengers know they needed to be more worried about the big kid.
As we are walking down to baggage claim Bry starts complaining that his stomach hurts. He sits quietly with his Uncle Andy as we get our bags and head to the shuttle. First sign my boy is sick is that he turned down a big bowl of candy from the shuttle driver " The Candyman". As we sit and wait for our car to be ready Brycen leans over to me and says " Mom, I think I'm gonna " ... And right there it happened all over the Enterprise floor, Pink Puke.. I quickly escort Brycen outside as he continues to vomit all the way out the door.. Poor bear just couldn't control it.. He claims he is feeling a lot better at this point and we all get in the car and head towards the rehearsal which is about an hour away.. About 45 minutes into the ride Brycen says " Jon, I think its going to happen again." We quickly pull over , let him out for another puke session.. At least this time he was able to give us advance notice. We finally make it to the rehearsal only to quickly say hello before I escorted Brycen to the hall where he laid in my lap for about 45 minutes before he need to toss a few more of his cookies into the trash can I parked right next to us. At this point Jon and I left the rehearsal to take Brycen back to our hotel room. As soon as we made it into our room he crawled into bed and didn't move till the following morning. Only a mama would crawl into bed with her sick puking child and cuddle with his hot stinky body :) Thank goodness Jon's cousin Robbie is a nurse and was able to bring some nausea medicine over for Bry, Thank You, Thank You...
Morning comes and Brycen is feeling better.. However my eldest child Jon is now sick.. He has exactly what Brycen had but a much stronger version of it.. As Brycen, Jack and I venture downstairs to eat, Jon lay shivering upstairs puking.. Have I told you how much fun I am having yet? Unfortunately the day didn't get any better for Jon. He missed his cousins beautiful wedding. He was really upset but there was no way he was going to make it.. Plus we really needed to contain this bug as much as possible.
Upon returning to Houston, each day we would hear about how someone else got sick. Like Lauren said it was like our own version of " Final Destination". We named it the "man flu" because it was only attacking the men in our family..It all started with Brycen. Next came Jon, then Chris, then Andy, then Arnie, then Casey.. Needless to say after this performance we put on in Michigan, I think everyone will seriously think twice of inviting us to their wedding.. Casey & Christina have already said they will be mailing vitamins with their invitations.. I guess that means were still invited..
Sorry we brought the crud to Michigan.. Thank you all for being so sweet and loving even though you knew we were contaminated :)))) I mean what is family for??
Congratulations Lori & Paul. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and magical with the rain :) Wishing you two a lifetime of adventures, love & happiness....
Friday, September 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment