Friday, January 14, 2011

Jackson William Pate

WOW.. What a Surprise...


   I don't think I can explain how truly surprised Jon and I are with the arrival of Jackson. While we never really knew what we were having. Jon and I,  along with everyone else was pretty convinced we were having a girl.. We were mentally ready for Meghan Elizabeth Pate to come home with us..
Birth Story...
12/27/2010 @ 1:03pm
7lbs 4oz, 19 inches

   Jon and I arrived at the hospital at 10am just after dropping Brycen off at Yaya's. He would later arrive closer to my scheduled c-section time. We get into Labor and Delivery and in a short amount of time I am hooked up to monitors, have IV's started and am in the process of transforming into marshmallow woman.. Since I was having a c-section they have to pump you with that many more fluid bags, by the time I walked back to the OR I was on my 5th bag. Talk about feeling yourself get fatter and fatter by the second. C-section was scheduled for Noon, but were told we should be heading to the OR around 12:30.. I remember walking into the OR and I swear it feels like a meat locker in there. Jon had to wait outside while they did my spinal and all the final preps for surgery. Jon was brought in just as surgery got under way and I felt like I could breathe once he was with me. I am secretly a chicken of anesthesia and being cut open..  I am soo glad Jon decided to bring the "Flip" with us and not leave it with our families as we got some priceless footage of Jackson's first breaths and the moments leading up to it..

   I remember laying there, Jon with flip in hand and he leans in to me and says " should I shut it down" just as my Dr is saying " I got a foot, Oh two feet" .. Just then my eyes begin to tear up as I know I should hear baby any second.. The blue curtain gets pulled down a bit and Baby Pate is held up right above me so we can see what it is.. Jons exact words " Oh My God, It's a Boy ".


    We were in total and complete shock.. We really thought we were having a little girl. All along Jon and I always said we didn't care what we had. We really just wanted a healthy baby.  If given the choice I would have wanted another boy, simply because its what I know. Plus I enjoy being the only girl in the house ...Of course with the exception of Sophers.. I cant tell you how excited all of us are with Jacksons arrival.. Our house and hearts are complete.. I am surrounded by 3 boys and I would have it no other way...


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for the Pate family. I don't know how you went the entire pregnancy without knowing! Congrats to you all and welcome sweet baby Jackson.

    ReplyDelete